Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Some Important Organizations for the Handicapped People
There are many government organizations working for the welfare of the people living with disability. Here is a list of some of the famous organizations in India located in different cities.
One question may come on CBSE NET exam on the location.
· Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) located in New Delhi.
· The Institute for the Physically Handicapped (IPH), located in New Delhi
· The National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped (NIMH) located in Secuderabad, Andhra Pradesh
· National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped (NIHH) is located in Mumbai
· National Institute for the Orthopaedically Handicapped (NIOH) was established in Calcutta in 1978
· National Institute for the Visually Handicapped located in Dehradun
· National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research, Cuttack
· National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities is located at Muttukadu, Kancheepuram district, Tamil Nadu